Traffic, traffic, traffic is one of the things every website owner is thinking about. How to get traffic to my site, how to get traffic across to his/her website! But really, it is very essential, because without it, your site will be likened to a town crier that is crying out to an empty town. All your content, good or bad will not be seen, and as a result, you will not be able to make an impact or realize your goal.
In as much as we are desperate for traffic, we must also learn to go about finding traffic the right way. Otherwise, you will end up in frustration and ultimately give up. You should also consider that, there are millions of website owners out there also seeking for traffic. Although, there is enough traffic to go round if only you pitched your traffic quest on the right direction.
Most people go about seeking traffic the wrong way because they are in a haste to have ton of traffic to their site already. That single act and mind set will consequently make you to fail. Before going any further with this post, I would want you to revamp your mind set to being a patient online business owner. There is nothing like getting traffic in a jiffy but there is a way to get ‘targeted’ traffic in a considerable amount of time.
Now, speaking of traffic and ‘targeted traffic’, they are two different things, even though the two phrases have the word ‘traffic’ in common. I will explain in due course of this article.
What Is Traffic?
Traffic in online business world could be defined as the inflow of visitors/users to a website. This could be by any means such as, through Google search, social media, email/newsletter etc. So there are so many ways to drive traffic to your website, but I will go over the basic ones that are like the foundation of getting a lasting targeted traffic.
Submit Your Site To Google And Bing Webmasters
First thing first, if you have not submitted your site to Google and Bing, then you should immediately do so. I won’t just presume that everybody knows that they have to submit their site(s) to these major Search Engines, Google and Bing. Google constitute over 60% of organic traffic while Bing has the rest of over 30% of organic traffic. Therefore, that is the first thing you have to do, in order to be seen and crawled by these two major Search Engines.
Use Social Media
In case you haven’t noticed, social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus and Linkedin are very good sources to to getting traffic to your site. If you do not have accounts with these social media then, open account with them, it is free. After that, make sure you have share buttons for these social media sites on your site, it is usually a plugin. Some plugins have good features that will enable you to set up share and like buttons of so many social media sites and even use them to collect email address too.
Ensure to share your posts after publishing to these social media sites and also join Facebook groups that are in your niche. By so doing you will have same interest base of people that will be interested on what you have to say when you share your post on the group page.
Use Video Marketing
- Video Marketing is yet another effective way of driving traffic to your site. Most people don’t know that but it is true and it is very easy to create a video. You can create a video by just talking about anything that will be of help to people and that is also relevant to your niche. So that at the end you can direct them to take action by going to your site. Usually, you treat video creation just as you would go about creating your post/article for your website. You have to use keyword for the video so that it will rank on Google page after publishing it on youtube.
Keyword is very important in driving traffic to your site. There is a fantastic free keyword search tool that you could use to find quality keywords that can rank on Search Engines.
There are tools like Camtasia and Screencast-O-Matic that you can use to create your video. Camtasia is usually very expensive but it is good. But for starters, Screencast-O-Matic is a very good tool for people that can not afford Camtasia. So go ahead and start being creative; create videos and upload them on youtube and even share them on social media sites too.
Use Google Feedburner
Google Feedburner is another way of getting traffic, and this resource is free. Just get a feedburner account and set up a subscribe form on your website so that when people subscribe you can get their email address that you could use to build your list. Not only that, they will also be getting your updates each time your publish a post. Now, the good thing about this is that, if your posts are very useful and good, chances are, your subscribers may share your post to their friends and making your site to be exposed to many people.
That is why you should be inclined to helping people through your posts so that they will trust you enough to even do or buy anything when you recommend it. Google Feedburner is perfect for people that can not afford Aweber. And besides Aweber is more advanced, you will have to start with feedburner then later you can import your subscribers to Aweber.
Use this link for guide on how to set up feedburner.
Use Google Adword
If you are the type that have the money to spend on driving traffic, then Google Adword is your best bet. You can set up Google Adword campaign once you have a Google account, but if you don’t have you can always register for free.
There are yet other ways of driving traffic that I did not mention here. But do not go about paying someone on fivver or anywhere for traffic, because even if the traffic is driven to your site, you will end up not making any sales. Why is that? Because they are not targeted traffic, you are selling to people that do not need what you have to offer.
But once you are able to get all I have said right, you will be fine in no time in terms of traffic. However, I must draw your attention to few other elements you would want to consider when trying to drive traffic to your site. Make sure that your site has all the listed elements below:
- Do you have a WordPress site? WordPress site has a higher chance of getting traffic than others.
- Do you have a good hosting? Poor hosting can really hurt your site by not loading up on time.
- Do you have good and quality content? Because nobody will like to patronize a site with a mediocre content.
- Is your site user friendly? When visitors find your site overwhelming or cannot easily navigate, then there will be a high bounce rate that can make your site not to rank.
- Is your website’s theme mobile friendly? If your site is not mobile friendly, then you have a serious problem, because Google also considers it as one of the criteria to ranking your site. And more over, if people can’t get to access your site through their cell phones then you are ordinarily losing out because most users are using mobile phones.
- Do you optimize your images? If you don’t, then it is only a matter of time before your site will begin to experience slow loading time. Use compresspng.com to optimize your images before using them on your site. And do not forget to add titles and alt tags so that Google can find them.
If you wish to build a website or an Online Business that will thrive, then click here for the best training program that will teach you how to build a website that has all the qualities aforementioned and even more. And you don’t have to be asking anymore, how to get traffic to my site. All you got to do is subscribe for free and find out for yourself.
I hope this helps.